SOR 61: Joni Lambert Customizes My Marketing Calendar Template to Fit Her Show and Gets Press Coverage
Joni Lambert is not a marketing expert. She’s an artist who wanted to promote her show. With a little online searching she stumbled upon Sold Out Run, and that led her to completely sell out her show more than a week before she opened. I wanted to know how she approached her marketing, and I’m guessing you might, too.
In this episode:
- why Facebook didn’t work for her – I mention Facebook a lot here on Sold Out Run, but as Joni’s experience shows every audience is different. No single marketing tactic is right for every production
- what makes a good press release – Joni found a good story angle and wrote a press release that placed that story angle lovingly in the local media’s lap
- picking up the phone – sometimes the best thing you can do to promote your show is to talk to someone directly
- advice for someone promoting their first show – get organized like Joni did
- Joni’s press release – here’s the actual press release Joni used that got her a story in the local paper
- My Name is Barbara – Joni’s Barbara Streisand tribute show (that she sold out more than a week ahead of opening)
- Lambert Entertainment – get info on all of Joni’s projects
Let Joni know if you liked this session
If you have a few seconds, you can let Joni (and me) know that you liked this session by telling her on Twitter.
Sharing your opinion helps me out a lot
If you found value in this podcast, you can help even more people discover it by rating it on iTunes. It couldn’t be easier:
- Go to the Sold Out Run page in iTunes.
- Click the number of stars you think this podcast deserves.
Thank you to Joni for sharing her experience applying what she learned here at Sold Out Run. I hope her story inspires you as much as it inspires me.