SOR 62: How To Promote Subscriptions and Keep Current Subscribers
Season subscriptions are great for you, but are they great for your audience? The key to gaining and keeping subscribers is to make sure you provide them with something they feel is well worth their financial investment. Notice I didn’t say you need to provide them with something you feel is worth their financial investment.
In this episode:
- are traditional subscriptions dead – yes, but who says you have to be traditional? Here are some alternate subscription offerings to consider
- finding out what your audience values – you know what I’m going to say here, right? Ask them. Here’s how.
- who are your potential subscribers – there’s a single characteristic that all of your potential subscribers have in common, and there’s no point trying to promote subscriptions to anyone who doesn’t have it
- reaching out to your future subscribers – there are both direct and indirect ways you can engage with your audience and potentially transition them from a casual visitor to a subscriber
- Are Season Subscriptions Going Extinct? – article from 2012 that’s even more relevant today than it was when I wrote it
Sharing your opinion helps me out a lot
If you found value in this podcast, you can help even more people discover it by rating it on iTunes. It couldn’t be easier:
- Go to the Sold Out Run page in iTunes.
- Click the number of stars you think this podcast deserves.
Thank you for listening!